Call for Entries
Calling all creatives who letter and illustrate for stationery, weddings, home goods, paper goods, gifts, and wall art!
See our Call for Entries below and submit your work for consideration for future issues of Calligraphy Crush!
Questions? Download our Call For Entries Guidelines!
Call for Entries |upcoming issues
(Submit Button is Below)
Calligraphers and lettering artists show us their multi-talents with innovative products they’ve designed, such as beautiful turned and painted pen holders, gorgeous prints and fabrics, handmade books and journals, inspiring and innovative signage, and stunning home decor.
Send us your articles, tutorials, photos, and videos about products and projects you have designed to make your calligraphy & lettering more creative and fun!
- Turned and carved pen holders
- Ink holders
- Vinyl lettering on tumblers or other household goods
- Painted door mats
- Roll-up fabric pen and brush storage
- Clever ways you store your tools and supplies
- And more!
Questions? Please contact us!
Brush with Excellence – Lettering with Markers and Brushes
Layout & Design for Calligraphers and Lettering Artists
Small Designs Big Beauty – Enhancing lettering with Illustrations in Watercolor, Pen & Ink
Handwriting, Journaling & Sketchbooks – Adding beauty to your Daily Writing
Wedding Stationery, Paper Goods & Signage – Modern, Traditional, Boho, Destination & More!
Greetings, Thanks & Well Wishes – Greeting cards, note cards, stationery & gifts
Studios for Creatives – Behind-the-Scenes of individual and group creative workspaces
and more to come!
We welcome your submissions, not already published online or in print, such as:
For the READER GALLERY, we would love to receive your submissions for:
- Wedding invitation flat lay styling
- Wedding maps
- Wedding signage
- Decorated envelopes
- Watercolor crests
- Non-traditional place cards and escort cards
- Vintage stamp envelopes with unusual addressing styles
- Recipe Illustrations
- Watercolor illustrations with calligraphy/lettering
- Pointed pen medallions
- Designs on kraft paper
- Calligraphy on non-paper objects
- Holiday greeting card designs
For the regular departments, we welcome:
- ISSUE THEME – Creative work related to the issue’s theme (SEE ABOVE).
- TUTORIALS – lettering, illustrations, tips & tricks (downloadable worksheets and video are a HUGE plus!)
- ARTICLES related to the business of calligraphy and hand lettering – send us your pearls of wisdom, stories, check lists that make your biz buzz, etc.!
- BEHIND-THE-SCENES creative process of your art step-by-step, including thoughts & decision-making.
- LETTERING OR ILLUSTRATION TIPS & TRICKS from your artistic journey.
- LESSON EXCERPTS from a class you are teaching.
- WORKSHOP REVIEWS – Tell us about a recent class, in person or online, that you loved.
- READER GALLERY – Show off your recent work!
- STUDIO TOURS – we’d love a peak at your creative space!
If you are submitting quotations or song lyrics not in the public domain, please provide proof of permission to publish from the copyright owner.
Complete the submission form (link to SUBMIT is below) and upload your photos, articles, or designs.
Instructions for Submitting Articles and Artwork:
- Please submit images at 300dpi or higher.
- Article lengths should be in the ballpark of 500-1500 words, with at least 2-3 images related to article content. Please supply more images so that we have a selection to choose from. (We reserve the right to edit content to fit the space.)
- Original artwork may need to be available if the work is selected for publication.
- Please provide the name of the photographers (if not yourself) and their instagram handles for any photos provided.
- Preference is for work not previously published or featured online on any social media, especially those design, wedding, or calligraphy-focused.
- Work shared on your personal blog, Instagram, Facebook, etc. is acceptable and welcome.
- Monetary compensation is not offered at this time. However, all published artists will receive acknowledgement in the magazine and a clickable link on the Contributors page.
- By submission, the artist acknowledges ownership and copyright to all work submitted and grants non-exclusive rights to Calligraphy Crush Magazine to use his/her work in its publications and online; including but not limited to its magazine, promotional materials, website, blog, and social media sites such as Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, etc.
- Artists will be notified via email if they are accepted for publication. Submission does not imply or guarantee publication.
Thank you for your patience as we carefully review all entries!
Questions? Please contact us!